First Christian Church in Las Cruces
Disciples of Christ/United Church of Christ
1809 El Paseo Road Las Cruces, NM
Our Minister: Reverend Linda Mervine
Email the Church: email@example.com Email the minister: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Vickie Avery
For almost 50 years, First Christian Church has provided a powerful witness of ministry and service to the Las Cruces community. A church family that cherishes the diverse nature of the Las Cruces community, we invite you to worship, pray, serve, minister, learn, and fellowship with us.
We gather for a eucharist-centered worship on Sunday mornings and the Lord's Supper is celebrated every Sunday and is open to all. Our outdoor labyrinth is open daily and provides a quiet place for meditation, contemplation, and worship.
On April 24, 2010, First Christian Church became a covenant congregation with the Southwest Conference of the United Church of Christ. We are now dually affiliated with the Disciples of Christ and the UCC.
First Christian Church Services and Activities
Sunday Church Schedule
- 10:15 AM Church Service
- Community Meal after wworship as announced
Weekly Activities and Meetings
- 3nd Monday 7:00 PM Board Meeting
- Last Monday Book Discussion 2:00 PM Call church for information
- 2nd Tuesday 6:00M Photo Group Share and discuss photos, travels, and other topics
- 4th Tuesday 8:45 AM El Caldito Soup Kitchen
- Wednesday 10:00 AM Serendipity - Ladies Fellowship Call Aletta for information
- Thursday 10:00 AM Adult Study & Contemplative Worship
- Friday 5-7:00 PM Wellness & Recovery
- Friday 6:00 PM New World Drummers
- Sundays before Worship as announced Bell Choir Rehearsal
Signing of the LILLY National Clergy Renewal Program Grant papers April 12, 2015
Other Activities and Groups
- 3rd Sunday Jazz and Blues Society 6:30 PM Website
- "Think you would like to meditate, and yet are not sure about sitting quietly to do so?
Explore our labyrinth, and ancient meditation tool where you walk a designated path.
The purpose is to help you become still internally and to open yourself to the universal divine guidance.
It's a place to walk and reflect on a particular issue or life circumstance or to allow the spirit to open the walker to whatever the experience brings.
We invite you to experience the spiritual energy of walking the path and pray that you will be refreshed and renewed.
It is open year-round and is located at the northwest corner of the church.
If you have questions call the church office.
Copyright First Christian Church of Las Cruces May 2000